Thank you to everyone who have submitted fish to the monthly tournaments so far this year. Below are the Angler of the Year standings as of May 31st. There’s still plenty of time to rack up lots of points, and to win the monthly prize of the biggest catch of each of the four regular species: redfish, trout, flounder, and sheepshead.
Be sure to continue to submit your entries for the Angler of the Month points to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|James Cook Sr||4|
We have decided to introduce a photo contest for 2019. Below are all of the rules – email us if you have any questions. Videos may also be considered as a separate category.
Photo contest runs January 1st, 2019 – September 30th, 2019, with voting to be conducted throughout the month of October 2019.
Rules and Regulations:
- Photo must be current and taken during the contest period.
- Current SSWA members are eligible to enter the contest by submitting photos to SSWAOnline@gmail.com. Use the Subject “SSWA Photo Contest Entry” to make clear that the photo is being submitted in the photo contest.
- If the entrant is not a current SSWA member at the time of submission, the photo will not be entered into the contest until membership dues are paid.
- Photo must include an SSWA member or immediate family member, and must include a fish.
- By submitting a photo, the entrant is allowing SSWA to post the photo on social media, on the SSWA website, and on any other promotional material.
- SSWA Board Members will review all entries. SSWA Board reserves the right to refuse any photo into the contest.
Selecting the Winner:
On October 1st, all photos will be released for voting on Facebook. The photo with the most number of likes as of 11:59pm on October 31st will be selected as the winner. Anyone may vote on the photos, including non-SSWA members.
The winning entrant will be awarded a framed copy of the photo and a gift card at the SSWA End of the Year Party held in November 2019.
A very special thank you to our guest speaker in August, Gene Morrison. Gene is the president of Military Appreciation Day – Charleston, and he visited our club to talk about ways we can help support MAD on October 13, 2018. He also donated an American Flag that was flown on a C-17 while on patrol to auction at our End of the Year Party in November! Visit MAD-Charleston’s website to sign up as a volunteer for October 13th’s event.
Our best ever SSWA End of Year Celebration, Oyster Roast and Charity Auction. What a great night. We want to thank a few people for going above and beyond to make this night something special that will benefit so many children that need a positive thing in their lives.
First, a few individuals. Keri Scougale from Dorchester Children’s Center, Supported by Children In Crisis, Inc. and our own Ilona Goodmen. We truly couldn’t have done it without you!
Lee, Trae and the staff at Summerville Country Club who always provide a first class venue and excellent food and are truly like family to us!
The hardworking (volunteer!) Board of Directors of Summerville Saltwater Anglers who dedicate their valuable time to make our organization the best of its kind, hands down, in Charleston.
Our many generous sponsors and donors, just a few of which are mentioned here Charleston Trailer Scout Boats Haddrells Point Tackle Eye Strike Fishing McElveen GMC Buick Z-Man Fishing Products Santee Industrial Products Palmetto State Armory – Summerville Fish Shimano Yoga Den of Charleston SaltFisher Charters Marsh Maven Charters Leisure Depot Ray Philyaw Glenys James Philyaw Laurie Romanow Fladd Andrew Seyller Dave Davy Sr. Megan Lehr Etc!