Thank you to everyone who have submitted fish to the monthly tournaments so far this year. Below are the Angler of the Year standings as of May 31st. There’s still plenty of time to rack up lots of points, and to win the monthly prize of the biggest catch of each of the four regular species: redfish, trout, flounder, and sheepshead.
Be sure to continue to submit your entries for the Angler of the Month points to email@example.com.
|James Cook Sr||4
Date: Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Topic: Shane Shields, Basic Fishing Knots
Location: Summerville Country Club, 400 Country Club Blvd Summerville SC
Our May 8th meeting will be held at Summerville Country Club! Our President, Shane Shields, will do a presentation on basic fishing knots, host a round of Fish Talk, cover club business, and recognize the April Anglers of the Month. Our dinner, provided by Country Club Catering, consists of fish cakes, grits, and coleslaw!
Please check in at the membership table upon arrival.
The Summerville Saltwater Anglers Club is pleased to announce a partnership with some of the oldest and most recognizable names in the fishing industry – Plano and Frabill! Starting with our March 2019 meeting, Plano and Frabill will be sponsoring our 50/50 raffle drawing. The winner will now have the choice of taking the prize money, or accepting a very nice prize from Plano or Frabill!
Thank you, again to Plano and Frabill, and remember to support all of our sponsors who go out of their way to support your local fishing club!
We have decided to introduce a photo contest for 2019. Below are all of the rules – email us if you have any questions. Videos may also be considered as a separate category.
Photo contest runs January 1st, 2019 – September 30th, 2019, with voting to be conducted throughout the month of October 2019.
Rules and Regulations:
- Photo must be current and taken during the contest period.
- Current SSWA members are eligible to enter the contest by submitting photos to SSWAOnline@gmail.com. Use the Subject “SSWA Photo Contest Entry” to make clear that the photo is being submitted in the photo contest.
- If the entrant is not a current SSWA member at the time of submission, the photo will not be entered into the contest until membership dues are paid.
- Photo must include an SSWA member or immediate family member, and must include a fish.
- By submitting a photo, the entrant is allowing SSWA to post the photo on social media, on the SSWA website, and on any other promotional material.
- SSWA Board Members will review all entries. SSWA Board reserves the right to refuse any photo into the contest.
Selecting the Winner:
On October 1st, all photos will be released for voting on Facebook. The photo with the most number of likes as of 11:59pm on October 31st will be selected as the winner. Anyone may vote on the photos, including non-SSWA members.
The winning entrant will be awarded a framed copy of the photo and a gift card at the SSWA End of the Year Party held in November 2019.
Our February 13th meeting is being hosted by Palmetto State Armory in Summerville!
Our topic is Shad, focusing on understanding their habits and biology. This topic will be presented by Pam and Chad Holbrook, a dynamic husband and wife team who are part of the SCDNR staff as well as SSWA members!
In addition to our special guests, we will cover club business, do a round of Fish Talk, and enjoy dinner together! Please check in at the membership table upon arrival, and make sure you pay for your 2019 dues!